Now I know this is a big claim, but I have many testimonials that it truly is the best! I spent a long time getting the ratios of coconut oil to coconut butter just right and think I have nailed it! Its velvety, perfect balance of sweet and bitter and quite frankly, so delicious, I have had to stop myself from making it because I devour it too quickly!
If you try it, let me know what you think.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup cacao
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- pinch or sea salt (optional)
METHOD 1. Melt coconut oil on low/med in a saucepan. Add coconut butter and melt.
2. Add cacao and maple syrup and whisk with a fork or whisk to remove any lumps.
3. Add vanilla and salt if you want a greater depth of flavour.
4. Pour into moulds (ice trays work well) and set in the fridge or freezer.
* Option to add some orange or peppermint essential oil in the last step. Or even add some chopped nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit or fresh berries before you set in the fridge or freezer